Tuesday 19 April 2011

Paleo Zucchini Fritters...




Easy for breakfast, lunch, or even Tea!!



Ingredients...


3 small zucchini
1/2 medium red onion
2 eggs
1/4 cup coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1tsp salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp organic mild peri peri sauce (if you dont like hot remove and add 1 tsp paprika and juice of one lemon wedge)
Zest of one lemon
8 large basil leaves




 Prepped ingredients... 



 1. Zest, red onion, zucchini, and basil in a large mixing bowl (note: I did not squeeze the excess liquid from the zucchini. I wanted to keep it so I didn't have to add anymore wet ingredients to this recipe.)



 2. Add Dry ingredients 



 3. Coat the veggies well with the dry ingredients



 4. Add the Egg, and Peri Peri (or paprika and lemon juice)


 
 5. Mix well and your mixture should look like this



6. Cook your fritters on a flat skillet on med to high and well greased. I used my non stick cooking rings (I like them round). This mixture makes 8 large fritters.



I served mine with a fresh green salad and a side of (coconut) yogurt, and more hot sauce.  The Lemon zest gives them such a great zing.
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment