Monday 11 April 2011

Sweet Potato Curly Fries...




Just In time for the Rugby Game! 


Pre-heat oven 220 Celsius 

Ingredients...

1 Very large sweet potato (was 2 of us eating) 
3 tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
1 tbsp coconut flour (to add crunch)
1 tsp (heaped) Smoked paprika
1 tsp Celtic sea salt



 Ingredients...



1. Curl your sweet potato (if you are not able to curl your sweet potato, just cut them into desired thickness)



 2. Place your now curled sweet potato into a large mixing bowl. add the coconut flour, Smoked paprika, and salt. Really give that a good mix through with your hands. You want each curl to be coated. The better coated they are the crunchier they shall be!



3. Now place your coated sweet potato curly fries on a non stick oven tray. Mine took around 15 minutes to cook. I pulled them out twice giving them a turn to ensure even cooking.






I served mine with my paleo guacamole (this is also on my blog under "condiments").


I do hope you enjoy this. We ate them while watching a rugby game they went down a nice treat!




4 comments:

  1. This looks fantastic! I've been trying to find the perfect sweet potato "fry" recipe and I think adding the coconut flour might just be the secret. Definitely trying this recipe this weekend! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I had the same coconut and paprika mix this weekend, but I cut my kumara (sweet potato) into wedges. Cooked them on 180c until cooked them cranked it to get the out side crispy! They were epic! Thanks for the comment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick question, what did you do with the coconut oil?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey there! Sorry I didn't place that part on there! haha I was still just getting the hang of this whole thing really! The coconut oil is like your glue... it will help your paprika and coconut flour stick and also help the two become CRUNCHY! Thanks for your comment!!

    ReplyDelete