Saturday 16 April 2011

Huevos Rancheros...

  


I know its not the same but this is my Paleo version, and it does the trick! 
Ingerdients...

1 small red capsicum
1 small red onion
1 small sweet potato (the size of a medium boiling potato)
2 tbsp black sliced olives
6 large eggs (3 for the mix and 3 for topping)
1/2 tin of organic chilli and chopped tomato 
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp coconut milk
1 tbsp coriander chopped

 
 Ingredients...



 1. Add the 3 eggs, coconut milk, spices, and salt/pepper to a medium size mixing bowl and mix until combined



 2. Place the now ready egg mix into a medium sized greased oven dish...



 3. Top egg mix with the red capsicum, sweet potato, and red onion


 
 4. Following with the tin chilli and tomato, and the last 3 eggs


 
5. Last I topped with my sliced black olives and chopped coriander.



I baked it in the oven on a low heat of 180. As I wanted the sweet potato to cook but didnt want the eggs not to dry out. It took around 1 hour. Times will vary with different ovens and oven dish sizing. 

There it is. Another simple meal in a flash!
I served my huevos rancheros with my guacamole and some salsa. 
Enjoy! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment