I LOVE PORK BELLY!
I dedicate this to a lovely lady that too loves pork belly (she is also the mother of my love). Here's to many pork belly's "Titanic Tina"! (She's really "Tiny Tina", but we let her think she's big!)
pre heat oven to 180c (to start)
1 kg Pork belly (this will feed 3)
1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
4 large cloves of garlic
1 small hand-full of fresh coriander (stems and all!)
1/2 red chilli (if your not a spicy eater DONT)
Juice from half a lemon
2 tsp Celtic sea salt
1 tbsp smoked paprika
3 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1. Place all ingredients except the pork belly (duh) in your food processor (if you are with out chop, mince, blend) and blitz them into a paste!
2. Score your belly! With a sharp knife, make tick, tack, (no toe's) on the skin of your pork belly! (this will make the crackling nice and crispy)
3. Place your pork belly in and oven safe baking tray. With a pastry brush (or your hand if you must) cover the scored side of your pork belly with your ready made paste. Really work it into those cuts you've made. The better you coat your belly the better it will taste! Place your now basted pork belly in your pre heated oven for 2 hours.
4. After your two hours your belly should be looking like this. She isn't ready yet! Crank your oven up to high for 20 minutes. Then place it on grill for 10 minutes to ensure that crackling is really crispy. Keep an eye on it at grilling point you wouldn't want to over do it!
5. Remove your belly from the oven. Before cutting allow her a couple of minutes rest. Cut it as you desire and devour!
I just love this recipe. crispy crackling, tender pork meat! We ate our belly with a honey sweet potato salad. I will share that at a later date. We made mmm noises as we ate this one, Enjoy!