I know its not the same but this is my Paleo version, and it does the trick!
1 small red capsicum
1 small red onion
1 small sweet potato (the size of a medium boiling potato)
2 tbsp black sliced olives
6 large eggs (3 for the mix and 3 for topping)
1/2 tin of organic chilli and chopped tomato
1 tsp smoked paprika
1/2 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
2 tbsp coconut milk
1 tbsp coriander chopped
1. Add the 3 eggs, coconut milk, spices, and salt/pepper to a medium size mixing bowl and mix until combined
2. Place the now ready egg mix into a medium sized greased oven dish...
3. Top egg mix with the red capsicum, sweet potato, and red onion
4. Following with the tin chilli and tomato, and the last 3 eggs
5. Last I topped with my sliced black olives and chopped coriander.
I baked it in the oven on a low heat of 180. As I wanted the sweet potato to cook but didnt want the eggs not to dry out. It took around 1 hour. Times will vary with different ovens and oven dish sizing.
There it is. Another simple meal in a flash!
I served my huevos rancheros with my guacamole and some salsa.