Saturday 2 April 2011

My paleo cold cereal


Cold cereal My Way....
 
Ive never really been a cereal eater. Before choosing to eat paleo Ive always been well aware of how much sugar and rubbish was put into store bought cereals. Sometimes I just dont have time to whip somthing up at 4am before i head off to work, and I like mixing things up. So I came up with somthing i can just chuck in a bowl and munch down.
 
Ingredients:
Plate 1.
 
1 cup of raw whole walnuts
1 cup of sunflower seeds
1 cup of pepita seeds
 
Plate 2.
 
1/2 cup of organic wild dried blue berrys
1/2 cup of organic dried cranberry's 
1/2 a cup of sliced almonds
1/2 a cup of shaved coconut
1/2 a cup of "organic coconut crunch" (basically its the whole coconut dried out and blitzed up into a fiber filled crunchy meal).

Step 1.
In a food processor or even a blender if you are with out a food processor pulse all of plate 1's ingredients. 
You dont want it into a meal. Just enough so its a little broken up and a good crunchy texture

Step 2.
Combined the now crunched up Plate 1 and plate 2 into an airtight cereal container and shake untill the are combined.
Easy as That! I'm a little person and only really need around half a cup. I have it with almond milk due to not having dairy in my diet. I also have berry's or sliced banana to top it off!
 
 
Step 1.



 


Step 2.
 Step 3. (Blend)

I hope that you enjoy this and I'm sorry if lay out is a tad funny. I have never done anything like this and am self teaching... So I will only improve! Until we eat again.
 

1 comment:

  1. I like it! I was googling this due to the same circumstances. Thank you very much!

    ReplyDelete