I just loved this, full of flavor and filling!
Its starting to cool down where we are slightly, and we are enjoying eating hot foods (without sweating while we eat them)!
preheat oven 180c
This is only the pie filling recipe. The Pastry shell recipe for this is also on my blog. It's listed as "Savory Pie Shell". This mix is to be added to your pre made shell.
1 large chicken breast
1 large chorizo sausage
2 small red capsicum (or 1 med)
1/2 lg red onion
1 lg sweet potato
1 heaped tbsp grated fresh ginger
5 garlic cloves grated
1/2 a lemon (for its juice)
2 tbsp fresh chopped coriander
1 tin of organic chopped tomato
2 tbsp tomato paste
3 tsp ground cumin
1tsp celtic sea salt
1 tsp ground black pepper
3/4 cup of water (or chicken stock)
Ingredients in bulk form (chicken is diced)...
1. Saute in a pan at med/high the chicken and chorizo
2. Add your ginger, garlic and lemon juice and brown just slightly
3. Add your red onion, and red capsicum and saute until just cooked
4. Add the spices, salt & pepper, and fresh herbs and coat pan ingredients
5. Add the Tomato paste, water, and tin tomato and simmer for 5 minutes
6. While your ingredients are simmering curl your sweet potato (or even slice it thinly)
7. Place your simmering ingredients into your pre made pie shell, and top with your curly sweet potato. Bake at 180c for around 40 minutes on the middle rack of your oven.
8. We added guacamole, fresh chopped chili, and coriander to the top of ours. We devoured half of this between the two of us. This would definitely feed four people
Well, I do hope you enjoy!