Thursday 5 May 2011

Sauteed Apple, Cashew & Coconut Cream Parfait...




This was such a nice healthy Treat!


Ingredients...

Apple mix ingredients...

2x Granny smith apples
2 tbsp Flaked Almonds
1/4 Raisins
1/4 tsp Nutmeg
1 tsp Cinnamon
1 tsp Raw honey (optional, I didnt add I like mine a little tart)
3 tbsp Water

Cashew and Coconut Sweet Cream Ingredients...

3/4 cup fresh Coconut meat
1/2 cup Almond milk
1/4 cup Warm water 
1/2 cup Cashew nuts
2 tsp Raw honey
1 tbsp Chai seeds




 Apple Mix Ingredients...



 Slice your apples as desired.


















Cashew and Coconut Cream Processes...



 
 1. I used my filleting knife to scrape the coconut meat out. Be very care full doing this. I'm used to knife work and these puppys can be a mission!
2. Place your coconut meat, cashews, almond milk, honey, chai seeds, and warm water in your blender or food processor and blend until white fluffy and creamy in look.



Mine came out looking like that!


Parfait layering process...

1. I lay down one layer of my cooled apple mix. With a long spoon I pushed it down firmly.
2. I next went with a layer (not as thick) of my "cream" mix

I carried on like this back and forth between steps 1 and 2 until my glass was full. I used a large glass and my mix made two. I would advise using medium sized wine glasses instead. This was very filling. You would get 3 in wine glasses. Like all my recipes, I tend to make them up as I go. So my only mistake in this one was. I made the serving too large. 
surprisingly filling!    


This is great as a healthy desert or even a Sunday Breakfast!

ENJOY


2 comments:

  1. this looks amazing! i'm definitely going to try it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, yes it was lovely! Think I'll be playing around with some more like this! Hope you enjoy

    ReplyDelete