A Paleo Styled "potato" Bake...
pre-heat oven 200c
1x medium sized celeriac
5x cloves of garlic
1x heaped tbsp fresh chopped thyme
1x brown onion
1 tsp ground nutmeg
2 tbsp sauce (in normal dauphinoise I would put 4 or 5 anchovies, but I didnt have any. Its basically put there to add that rich salty taste. So I subbed mine for fish sauce. Worked just as well).
3/4 tin coconut cream
1/2 cup finely diced bacon
Cracked Pepper (as much as you like, I put 1 heaped tsp)
1. Main ingredients...
2. Celeriac and brown onion as THINLY sliced as you can.
3. Bacon Diced into tiny pieces.
4. In a mixing bowl add coconut cream, Minced garlic, Chopped thyme, nutmeg, fish sauce, and cracked pepper. Mix all together.
5. I used a medium sized loaf tin, and greased it. I made a layer of celeriac, brown onion, and bacon.
6. I then poured a layer of the sauce mix. Followed by another layer of step 5. I continued back and forth like this until all layers were finished.
7. When your done layering, your oven ready dauphinoise should look like above. I placed mine in the center of my oven. Baked it on 200c for around 45minutes, or until celeriac is soft and your sauce is rich and reduced.
This is a great side to any meal. We had it with mustard sauce baked chicken.