THIS IS AMAZING!
Id stress this for special occasions only,
Pre-heat oven 180c
Sun-butter Pie crust ingredients...
1/4 cup sunbutter (I used crunchy)
2tbsp extra virgin coconut oil
1 1/4 cup ground almonds
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp Celtic sea salt
1/4 cup apple juice concentrate (or 100% maple syrup)
Chocolate Cream Filling ingredient...
1 tin of coconut cream
150gm 85% cocoa Chocolate
1/4 tsp celtic sea salt
1/4 cup extra virgin coconut oil
1/3 cup apple juice concentrate (or 100% maple syrup)
3 egg yolks
1. Add all of your crust ingredients and mix until all combined. Place in a 8inch, greased pie tin. Bake at 180c for around 15 - 20minutes.
2. After 15 - 20 minutes your base should be just cooked. Slightly browned on the edges yet still semi soft. Set aside to cool.
1. Firstly place coconut milk into a med sauce pan at med heat and warm. Once warmed add your chocolate, mix until combined. Follow by adding the rest (except your egg yolks) of your filling mix one by one stir as you go. Set aside once all combined for 5 minutes to cool just slightly.
2. Once filling mix has slightly cooled. While whisking briskly, and pour your egg yolks in. Mix well, and return to heat on med until just starting to simmer. Remove from heat.
3. Pour your warm chocolate filling mix on-top of your pie crust. Mine was filled right to the tippy top!
4. I finished mine with coconut flakes and pecans. I left it to cool in the fridge for around 3 hours until completely firm.
This is so good! It reminds me a little of peanut butter cups. The chocolate filling is so smooth and rich. Great for special occasions!