The only thing i have missed since paleo is...
180gm raw soaked macadamia nuts
juice of one lime
2 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 tsp nutmeg
2 tsp ground cumin
2 pro-biotic Capsule with acidophilus (to assist culturing, use only the capsule powder from inside)
1 tsp Celtic sea salt
1/4 cup of water
1. Soak Nuts for around 2 hours and strain...
2. Place all ingredient (apart from water) in a large mixing bowl and blitz (or blend in a food processor)
3. Your mix should be looking like this. Now add the water and mix until smooth.
4. Your macadamia mix should now look like this...
5. Get your self a large empty mixing bowl, and a strainer. Set the bowl under the strainer.
6. Place your "Maca" mix in the center of a cheese cloth. Bring all sides together and tightly tie a knot. Place your filled cheese cloth in the center of your strainer.
7. Place a heavy ceramic bowl on the top, and fill it with a heavy object (I used an old bag of sugar seeing as I no longer need sugar). This will apply pressure on your mix and push out the excess liquid over process time. I then placed plastic wrap over the entire "cheese stand". I left my cheese "brewing" away over night (on my bench). When I woke I removed my cheese from the cheese cloth and placed it in the fridge until it was cold.
8. My cheese now looked like this at its plain untouched form. Its more like a dry ricotta looks wise.
I just LOVE this. I have been hanging out for something similar to cheese. So I got reading, and created my own version!
You can crumble it on top of your food, use it as a spread, or as i did in my post photo above roll it in fresh herbs, or raw nuts and dried fruits!
I think if you can make a healthy paleo substitute for the things you crave your less likely to go eat the non paleo form. I started paleo cold turkey. I research alternatives for the things I miss, or I look at recipes and change the non paleo ingredients. You might make a few dud's but the goodies are well worth it! Remember just because your eating like a "caveman" doesn't mean you have to think like one.