Tuesday 7 June 2011

Thai Fish Cakes With Salad Greens, Radishes and Lime...





I know this is my recipe, and I know this isn't very modest but MAN these were SENSATIONAL! 


Ingredients...
(served 2)

300gm Barramundi (If I was in New Zealand I'd use snapper, sorry aussie but your fish... doesn't cut it)
1 tbsp fresh grated ginger
3 lg cloves minced garlic
2 sprigs of fresh coriander (stems and all)
1/2 a red chilli
1 tbsp fresh lemon grass
1 tsp ground coriander
1 egg
juice of one lime
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp celtic sea salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper




 1. Ingredients.



 2. De-skin your fish using a filleting knife. Follow by cutting your fish into large chunks.



 3. Place all ingredients in a food processor, and blitz!



 4. Should look like this muck above when done.



 5. Oil a flat pan and bring it to medium to high heat. Spoon your fish cakes out once hot.



 6. Once you've flipped them flatten slightly with your spatula (to ensure they cook fast with out drying out). Once they are golden they should be ready for eating.



I served my fish cakes with a simple salad of kale, spinach, cherry tomato's, radishes, and sunflower sprouts. I know my salad wasn't very Thai but I felt like keeping it simple. I dressed it with lemon juice and olive oil!  



Simple yet Stunning
Just the Way I Like It

ENJOY
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment